Photo Credit: d4vd by AskeeaeWiki / CC by 4.0
New details reveal the body of the teenage girl found dismembered in singer d4vd’s vehicle was partially frozen, and at least two people were involved.
More details have emerged related to the body of 14-year-old Celeste Rivas Hernandez, which was found on September 8, partially dismembered in a vehicle registered to David Anthony Burke, better known as rising R&B star d4vd. Now, over two months later, new details reveal her body was found partially frozen.
Before it was towed, the Tesla had been parked on Bluebird Avenue, near the Hollywood Hills rental home that Burke was living in at the time. The car was towed to a lot where it had been for about five days after it was reported abandoned. On September 7, police responded to a call from employees at Hollywood Tow, who reported a foul odor coming from the car.
Los Angeles Police Department detectives later served a search warrant at the home where Burke had been living and seized several pieces of evidence. Notably, Burke was on tour at the time and was no longer staying at the home.
On November 18, LAPD sources confirmed to KTLA that Burke was considered a suspect in the teen’s death. Celeste Rivas Hernandez had been missing from the Lake Elsinore area since April 2024, when she was just 13. Her mother had told investigators that she had a boyfriend named David at the time of her disappearance.
Initially, before he was announced as a suspect, Burke was said to be cooperating with authorities. However, sources have since reported that he has not been cooperating; it’s unknown if his willingness to cooperate changed once he knew he was named a suspect.
The potential relationship between Burke and Rivas Hernandez has been a critical part of the investigation. Discussions and images have surfaced online which indicate that the two knew one another and may have been in a relationship.
“Based on the manner in which Celeste’s body was dismembered, […] investigators believe it’s very likely whoever did that to her had help,” said TMZ’s Charles Latibeaudiere in a statement to KTLA.
TMZ also reported that investigators are looking into a trip that Burke allegedly made to a remote area of Santa Barbara County earlier this spring. The trip was made in the middle of the night, and he reportedly spent several hours there.
“We know that investigators are looking closely at that journey to Santa Barbara,” said Latibeaudiere. “They believe it may be connected to whatever ended up happening to Celeste.”
The teen’s body was discovered the day before her 15th birthday, but the Los Angeles County Medical Examiner’s Office believes her death happened weeks earlier. The partially frozen state in which her body was found may make it difficult for coroners to establish a cause of death.